Qualifications and experience
I have a BMus(Hons) classical music degree and more than 20 years experience teaching adults and children. I have been performing live for over 20 years as a solo act, in duos, and with bands. I have spent thirty years studying and playing the guitar.
I am registered as a guitar tutor with the Registry of Guitar Tutors (RGT) & the Musicians Union (MU). I have taught in primary, secondary and prep schools in the Greater London area and at London’s Morley College.
References are available on request.
I have performed as a solo act and with bands across the UK, Europe, Australia and Lebanon. In addition to playing the guitar and ukulele, I sing lead and backing vocals. I also play a bit of bass guitar and piano.
Highlights of my performing career include playing to 3000 people at Bedford’s ‘Boogie In The Park’ with Ultimate Beatles in the summer of 2005. We played to 7,000 at Music On The Moor in Hemel Hempstead the following year. Performing in Beirut in the summer of 2012, just as the Syrian conflict was errupting, was a very moving experience for me.
Nowadays, I mainly perform in rock bands on electric guitar and vocals. I studied and performed classical guitar for over ten years.
I spent many years writing and performing my original songs on the acoustic guitar.
On my Repertoire page you’ll find a list of the music that I have learned myself or taught to my pupils on either the electric guitar, classical guitar, acoustic guitar or ukulele.
You’ll find music spanning the genres of rock, pop, country, jazz, soul, indie, classical & more.
- “Thank you very much for teaching Sajan, his guitar playing is wonderful.”Mrs S
- “Thank you for being such a wonderful teacher, you have been an inspiration for Noah.”Mrs M
- “Thanks for being a great guitar teacher!"Cameron
- “Thank you for all your help. I have enjoyed playing the guitar."Luc
- “Thank you for teaching me for the past 2 years. I have really enjoyed the lessons and will miss you a lot.”Umer