Online lessons via Zoom
Guitar lessons for kids are fun and they pick things up so quickly! I have a wealth of experience teaching children and have taught at some of England’s top prep schools: Shrewsbury House, Orley Farm, Milbourne Lodge, Hornsby House and Prospect House.
I stopped teaching in schools a few years back as all the traveling got too much for me and I wanted to spend more time working on my private teaching and other projects.
I currently teach children ages 7+ online, via Zoom. Lessons are 30 minutes long for younger children and 60 minutes long for the older or more advanced. Parents will ideally sit in on the lessons.
I believe that guitar lessons for kids should be a three way process. By sitting in on the lesson you will see your child’s strengths and weaknesses and know what they should be practicing.
This will make a huge difference to how you can help them at home. Many parents bring a small notebook and keep notes. You will get much more value from the lessons if you get involved.
Pupils will need their own guitar, tuner, book , footstool and music stand to use at home. When they come for their lessons, pupils just need to bring their guitar and books as I have everything else you need here.
Please contact me and I will advise you on exactly what you need. You may need a half size, three quarter size or full size guitar. Which books you need will also depend on the age and ability of your child.
Electric Guitar Riffs
- "Thanks so much for teaching me guitar. You’re the best teacher I could ever have. I’ll miss you loads!!! I’ve loved every minute of my lessons and I hope that one day I’ll be able to play the guitar as well as you."Phoebe
- “Thank you for being a passionate teacher and for getting me up to grade 4!”Noah
- “Thank you for teaching me for the past 2 years. I have really enjoyed the lessons and will miss you a lot.”Umer
- “Thank you for all your help. I have enjoyed playing the guitar."Luc
- “Thanks for being a great guitar teacher!"Cameron
- “Thank you for being such a wonderful teacher, you have been an inspiration for Noah.”Mrs M
- “Thank you very much for teaching Sajan, his guitar playing is wonderful.”Mrs S
- "It is with much sadness that we say farewell to Mr Cliff Smith. Cliff joined the instrumental music team in the summer of 2003 and has given outstanding service to the music school during his time with us. Having started with just 3 pupils he has built up the guitar faculty to an enthusiastic and talented group of 25 pupils with a waiting list of eager recruits. I have no doubt that all his pupils will wish to join me in thanking him for his inspirational teaching and wish him well for the future.”Tim TurnerOrley Farm School, Harrow
- "I wanted to take a moment to offer my heartfelt thanks for all the work you have put in at Shrewsbury House. The boys have flourished under your care… …really going that extra mile because you inspired them to want to do so. The guitar groups have been most impressive with even the headmaster being won over the argument that there was quality and musicianship to be found even if the music wasn’t to his taste. The warmth of response from various audiences should have left you in no doubt that others needed no such persuasion. You leave the school with the quality of guitar playing greatly enriched by your being here. I thank you for that and for the fun it was to have you around."Peter MorrisShrewsbury House Preparatory School, Surbiton